The annual Atlanta Design Festival will once again take place in Georgia’s capital city, opening Saturday, May 30 through Thursday, June 11, 2020.
Organized by MA!, the Atlanta-based creative enterprise, the festival provides a valuable world-class showcase for leading international designers, brands and companies. Now in its fourteenth year, visitors will explore the rich variety of talents being produced today over the thirteen day festival, through a range of showroom events, exhibitions, talks, workshops, installations and tours.
The thirteen-day event will include:
- MA! Architecture Tours—both in Atlanta and satellite cities—will provide exclusive access to the best residential and commercial buildings from established and emerging architects & design studios.
- RIBA-USA partnership will bring the popular MA! Architecture Tours to more cities across the country.
- Smart City Expo Atlanta—the world’s leading conference and expo on smart cities and smart urban solutions.
- A robust talks & lecture program throughout the festival will provide further insight from design groups and renowned design brands.
- A series of showroom events provide further inspiration and discovery to the level and variety of products being presented today.
“2020 is a key year for Atlanta Design Festival and will continue the success of collaboration last year. The city was more involved than ever in creating some world-class events reaching increasingly more people,” says MA! Founder, Bernard McCoy. “As our festival has grown over the past fourteen years, so has the range and diversity of design talents. Not only here in Atlanta, but world-wide, providing a rich diversity in the design economy of the 21st Century. For 2020, we open up the festival even further by collaborating with RIBA Americas and Smart City Expo Atlanta to broaden the knowledge and skills we explore during the festival.”
- May 30—31: MA! Architecture Satellite Tours
- June 6—7: MA! Architecture Atlanta Tours
- June 10—11: Smart City Expo Atlanta
Design Districts, in partnership with Jamestown Properties
Talks confirmed to date:
- Headline Speaker: Carla Swickerath of the world-renowned Libeskind Architecture studio, who led the complex World Trade Center redevelopment.
- A panel discussion about the recently commissioned official Atlanta Design Economy study with: Tim Keane, Commissioner of City Planning for the City of Atlanta; Jennifer Ball, Vice President of Planning and Economic Development for Central Atlanta Progress; Ginny Kennedy, Director of Urban Design at Midtown Alliance; and Andrew Graves, Co-Founder at Ortus Economic Research.
MA! Architecture Tours
Since 2007, MA! has presented a series of architecture tours providing exclusive access to the best residential, commercial and contract design in the city from both established and emerging architects and design studios. The nationally recognized tour introduces the latest trends in sustainable materials, architectural systems and interior design to a captive audience of decision-makers and the general public.
RIBA-USA, the American Region of the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) has a long tradition of celebrating the best architectural minds. Working closely with MA!, RIBA-USA will be Atlanta Design Festival’s Authority on the Built Environment and support the Satellite editions of the MA! Architecture Tours bringing a unique opportunity to see the best residential and commercial architecture in multiple cities across the USA.
Smart City Expo Atlanta
Smart City Expo Atlanta is the only U.S. edition of Fira Barcelona’s Smart City Expo World Congress—the world’s leading conference and expo on smart cities and smart urban solutions. The conference is convening leading mayors, CEOs, CIOs, and innovators who are shaping the future of our cities.
Like what you see? Get it first with a subscription to ASPIRE DESIGN AND HOME Magazine.