NY NOW®, today’s wholesale market for tomorrow’s retail world, where brands, buyers and designers gather to connect and discover a world of inspiration, is thrilled to announce the winners of the Summer 2021 NY NOW Awards. Winners and finalists for the Summer 2021 edition of the NY NOW Awards were announced at the Jacob K. Javits Center in New York City, where the bi-annual market successfully relaunched with vendors reporting strong order writing and buyers celebrating the opportunity to be back in-person for NY NOW’s first event since Winter 2020.
“We congratulate all of the winners and finalists of the Summer 2021 NY NOW Awards, which was one of our most successful juried programs to date. We would also like to thank our esteemed panel of judges, who thoughtfully selected our incredible roster of award recipients, ” said Tim Hart, SVP of NY NOW. “We continue to be amazed by the caliber of brands and products that participate in our awards program and exhibit at NY NOW each year. The winners and finalists of the Summer 2021 NY NOW Awards speak to the level of excellence that attendees can expect to see and experience at this edition of NY NOW.”
The NY NOW Awards provide an important opportunity to recognize brands who have stood out for their unique design and dedication to creating products sustainably as well as innovative emerging brands. Twice a year, over a thousand brands across eleven categories are invited to submit their products to showcase overall excellence in design, innovation and authenticity.
The Summer 2021 NY NOW Awards were adjudicated by a respected panel of judges that included industry leaders and trailblazers from renowned brands such as Dims., Outer and RIOS, and top journalists from distinguished design publications including Apartment Therapy, Business of Home, Cool Hunting, ELLE Decor, Remodelista, and Sight Unseen.
Winners from each category are listed below:
- Emerging Brand Award: Kitty Kardboard (Booth 1942)
- Sustainable Design Award: Bklyn Bento – Large Round With Silicone Food Separator (Booth 2347)
Best Product Award by Category:
- Accent on Design®: SEMPLI – Monti-IRI Limited Edition Taste Set (Booth 1918)
- Accessories: Kamaria LLC – Drops of Spring Opal Necklace (Booth 931)
- Artisan Resource®: LECUONA – Barrel Backpack Tan (Booth 1155)
- Baby + Child: CMYK Technology – Just Dutch (Booth 2928)
- Gift + Stationery: Blackwing – Blackwing Matte Writing Instruments (Booth 2728)
- HANDMADE® Designer Maker: BRAID & WOOD Design Studio – V Hanger Airplanters (Booth 1019)
- HANDMADE® Global Design: Lumily – Upcycled Pueblo Pillow Cover – Guatemala (Booth 1319)
- Home Design: Logevy Firenze 1965 – Rosso Perverso Home Diffuser (Booth 2329)
- Luxury Lifestyle: Julie Cohn Design – Bronze Roman Chain Necklace (Booth 2123)
- Tabletop: Michael Wainwright USA – Panthera Glass Drinkware (Booth 2306)
- Wellness: The Good Patch – The Good Patch (Booth 1846)
Accent on Design Awards:
Like what you see? Get it first with a subscription to aspire design and home magazine.