WHAT IS KRION®? | KRION® is a new generation solid surface material that is warm to the touch and similar to natural stone. It is made of two-thirds natural minerals (ATH – aluminium trihydrate) and a low percentage of high-resistance resins. This composition gives KRION® a number of exclusive features: it does not have any pores, it is antibacterial without any type of additive, it is hard-wearing, highly resistant and easy to repair, only requires minimum maintenance and is easy to clean.
It is an ecological material, as it is 100% recyclable. All products made of KRION® can be reprocessed and reused in the production cycle.
APPLICATIONS | KRION® adds new technical features to the family of Solid Surfaces, offering a completely innovative range of possibilities for application. For home and residential applications, KRION® custom products can be used in a wide variety of applications.
A UNIQUE, GERM-FREE ENVIRONMENT | Due to its exclusive formula, its antibacterial properties, and the potential for creating seamless bonds, KRION® can be used to create germ-free, hygienic surfaces. it has been certified as food grade by NSF International, receiving its highest NSF-51 FOOD ZONE rating.
This means that it is recommended for use in places in direct contact with food products, while other materials are only certified SPLASH ZONE, meaning that they are only suitable for places where food might be spilled or splashed but never for use in direct contact with food products.
- FLEXURAL STRENGTH | KRION® has a higher flexural strength than natural stone and quartz, making it easy to transport. This characteristic also allows KRION® to be fabricated in long, aesthetically pleasing dimensions without the use of unsightly support or corbels.
- NON POROUS | KRION® is a non-porous material and so it prevents the spread and growth of bacteria. This makes it ideal for places with strict health and hygiene conditions, such as hospitals and dental offices.
- RESISTANT TO IMPACTS | KRION® has the highest capacity to absorb impacts of all solid surfaces. In impact tests using large-diameter balls (324 g) dropped from a height of 1.9 metres, it withstood ten consecutive impacts without breaking, demonstrating its very high resistance.
- ECOLOGICAL / 100% RECYCLABLE | KRION® is an ecological material, as it is 100% recyclable. Any product made of KRION® can be reprocessed and used again in its production process.
- ANTIBACTERIAL | KRION® does not allow bacteria to grow or spread on its surface due to its non-porous composition. This effect is not the result of any surface sealer or antibacterial additive used during product, making it an ideal material for locations and applications with demanding hygene and sanitation requirements.
- REPAIRABLE/RENEWABLE | KRION® is able to be repaired easily
- THERMOFORMABLE | KRION® sheets can be thermoformed to create curves and shapes.
- SEAMLESS JOINTS | KRION® sheets and shapes can be bonded together using bonding kits of a similar composition to KRION®. This guarantees uniform physical and chemical properties throughout.
- FOOD GRADE | KRION® is a food-grade product and meets US and European standards, allowing KRION® to be used and come in contact with food in both commercial and non-commercial settings.
- EASY TO CLEAN | Any normal stain, superficial burn, graffiti or marker pen stain can be removed, immediately returning the surface to its original appearance simply by following the recommended cleaning instructions.
Learn more about KRION® here.
Like what you see? Get it first with a subscription to ASPIRE DESIGN AND HOME magazine.